Here are the first of several predictions for the year:
- Before the end of the Year of the Dragon, there will be a new Pope in Rome
- Before the end of 2012 Iran will have developed a nuclear weapon as well as the means to deliver it by missile. The reach of this weapon will be all of the Middle East and portions of the European continent. It will not be announced until 2013
There will be no attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities from either the United States or Israel.Updated (see below)
- The current President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, will be out of office before 2012 is over either by impeachment or another act engineered by the theocracy
- Mitt Romney will be the Republican party nominee
- Barack Obama will be re-elected in a close race for President of the United States
UPDATE 2-5-2012: We are altering our prediction related to an attack on Iranian nuclear facilities by U.S. or Israeli forces. We had originally predicted that there would be no attack by either the U.S. or Israel this year. We now see a forthcoming attack from the Israeli side to occur sometime from July-September of this year when attempts through diplomacy appear to have failed. The attack targets will be Natanz, Esfahan and Arak with an elite IDF force going after the Fordo complex through a targeted land attack using a small ground force supported by complementing air strikes. Some Iranian missile sites will also be targeted to reduce the counterattack capability of Iran. The U.S. will disavow any direct assistance in this action but will signal their support as a sovereign rite for Israel to defend itself. There will be additional rocket attacks from Lebanon and the Gaza strip as Hezbollah and Hamas forces also join in to the fray to open a 3 point front with Israel.